Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you re-train for new opportunities!
Are you considering developing a new skill or being re-trained?
If so, Niagara’s WorkSourceOne has several partner agencies who may be able to assist, depending on your individual needs and circumstances.
Are you seeking a job that requires new skills?
Learn more about On-the-Job Training (OJT)
OJT incentives reimburse your new employer up to 75%!
of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap!
- You are trained by your new employer right on the work site, based on a training plan developed with the employer before you start the new job.
- The employer is reimbursed at the end of the training period for the training they provided according to your plan.
- You are their employee from day 1 and the expectation is that through the new skills you develop during your OJT training period, you will remain a valuable employee long after the OJT period ends.
If you have a target job in mind, please feel free to call or email Mike Kearney about On-the-Job Training:
Ph: (716) 278-8213 | Fax: 278-8587
Email: Mike Kearney
Niagara County Employment and Training is currently accepting applications for Tuition assistance for Vocational/Skills training!
For additional information:
To begin the process, fill out an Application or call Karen Bolam at 278-8179 to request an application. Applications can also be picked up at both the Niagara Falls and Lockport One Stop Centers.
Completed applications must be returned WITH the follow completed Career Center Registration forms:
Equal Opportunity is the Law (this form is for you to keep)
Those individuals who qualify and are approved receive:
- Vocational/skills training at a NYS approved training institution - Current approved Training Provider list
- Financial assistance for costs associated with the training (Programs must be able to be completed in one year or less)
- Job placement assistance upon graduation
Preference will be given to Niagara County residents.
Assist you in identifying your existing skills and learning how they transfer to new industries and opportunities through:
- Employment and case management services, skills assessment, career counseling.
All of these services are provided to you at no cost!