Job ID: NY1272057
Company: International Paper
Wages: $24.75 Hourly
Mail Resumes to:
Buffalo. International Paper. Maintenance. FT. M-F. 1st Shift. Benefits.
Summary: Maintenance must perform duties to ensure machine upkeep which is essential for plant performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform repairs & weekly PMs on plant equipment.
* Use SAP system to create work orders and complete repairs.
* Candidate must have experience with preventative and emergency repairs of mechanical operations that include the use of basic hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and welding skills.
* Individual must also have basic troubleshooting skills for mechanical and electrical systems.
* A basic test for skilled trades must be completed and passed for consideration.
Education & Experience:
* Three to five years of related experience and/or training.
* Basic computer skills are required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals within the organization.
* Ability to apply common sense and understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form to complete maintenance tasks.
* Candidate must have ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demand as described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hand to finger to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and lift and/or move 50+ pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the plant varies and is addressed using the plant's hearing conservation program. Hearing protection is a requirement on the production floor and for specific tasks that may require additional protection.
Follow link to apply online: http://www.internationalpaper.com/careers