Job ID: NY1272063
Title: General Factory
Company: International Paper
Wages: $17.81 Hourly
Mail Resumes to:
Buffalo. international Paper. General Factory. Ft. M-F. 1st Shift. Benefits.
SUMMARY OF JOB
Assists in various production department activities. Loads and unloads materials/product onto or from pallets, skids or conveyors. Unloads material at the discharge end of machines and fills in at any machine center when needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accurately completes required paperwork and computer entries to include job data and daily diaries.
* Must be able to accurately read/understand calibrated tape measure to perform job assignments.
* Safe and proper use of basic tools and equipment, for example: hand bander, pallet jack, hot glue gun and small hand tools.
* May operate various machines once train and qualified (taper, gluer, hot melt and stitcher)
* Ability to recognize non-conforming material such as damaged items.
* Maintain clean and safe work environment.
* Sets the "Good" example for other to follow.
* Must meet or exceed minimum production standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must show the ability to be trained and learn to grow within the organization.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* At least 1-year experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is preferred.
* Must have basic computer skills.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITILES REQUIRED
* Ability to read, write and interpret documents
* Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides
* Ability to maintain quality and safety
* Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
* Sitting, standing, and walking are required for most of the shift.
* Noise level in the work environment is loud.
* Involves operating various equipment.
* Temperature changes due to outside weather.
* Physical activity requires handling of average weight up to 50 pounds.
Follow link to apply online: http://www.internationalpaper.com/careers