Job ID: NY1272203
Title: Corporate Industrial Trainer
Company: Washington Mills
Wages: Starting pay not specified
Contact Name: Hess, Andrea C.
Contact Phone: (716) 278-6657
Mail Resumes to:
Hess, Andrea C.
PO Box 423
Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Niagara Falls. Washington Mills. Corporate Industrial Trainer. FT. M-F. 1st Shift. Benefits.
Washington Mills is one of the largest producers of high quality abrasive and fused mineral products in the world. It has facilities throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe and serves a global customer base. Its principal business is the fusing of oxide and carbide minerals in electric arc and Acheson furnaces, as well as the grinding and classifying of the minerals into grains and powders. Established in 1868, Washington Mills continues a long history of excellence in serving raw materials to the abrasive, refractory, ceramic and industrial abrasive markets.
We have an exciting new position for an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in technical writing and training that can integrate into a manufacturing environment. This individual will help create a training program from the conceptual stages to implementation. This position will produce instruction manuals and best operating practices documentation as well as document existing quality control systems and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information to all levels of the organization. Industrial Trainer will be led by Corporate Environmental Health & Safety (EHS).
* Develop in-depth understanding of manufacturing equipment and identify equipment hazards with guidance from EHS Personnel
* Work with engineering and manufacturing to learn and document current and new industrial practices/processes
* Write detailed documents and create manufacturing training operating procedures and presentations to better train the work force
* Know what it takes to provide exceptional and impactful learning experiences to our employees
* Be resilient and flexible
* Develop best operating procedure (BOP) documents based on observing manufacturing processes
* Create and maintain a new BOP training curriculum
* Develop and organize training schedule for assigned sites.
* Conduct training of curriculum at various locations in Western New York
* Be a critical thinker and use imagination to make documents/concepts visibly engaging
* Dynamic and effective public speaker that can engage various industrial audiences
* Perform other duties as assigned to support the EHS team
* Strong Trainer: you possess exceptional teaching and speaking skills in an industrial environment with both face-to-face and virtual delivery modalities
* Passionate: you follow the design of the course, present content in a way that is easily understood, and facilitate experiential learning exercises that provoke rich discussions during learning events
* Creative: you can develop creative training materials, putting together information in a way that will engage the audience and keep their interest with a variety of mediums
* Experienced: you possess industrial business experience in technical writing and training others to a given procedure
* Strong Communicator: you exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills and communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization
* People Person: you like people and have strong interpersonal skills, as well as be capable of working with cross functional teams
* Educated: you have obtained a minimum of a bachelor's degree
* Can read and understand schematics and process drawings
* Capable of discussing technical topics related to equipment
* Able to create training guides and aids using MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, as well as other available graphics and multimedia software.
* Are familiar with ISO or OSHA requirements from experience
If interested, please send resume to:
PO Box 423
Niagara Falls, NY 14302