Greenpac Mill is a new state-of-the-art containerboard mill that is currently being constructed in Niagara Falls, NY. It is a one of a kind project in the North American Packaging Industry. Greenpac Mill will be recognized for its high tech equipment, sustainable manufacturing processes and high performance work organization. The new mill will manufacture light weight linerboard made with 100% recycled fibers, and will have an annual production capacity of 540,000 short tons.
Hourly Production Technicians will be added to the Greenpac Mill team beginning January 2013 - the application process has already begun for these positions…..
Qualified applicants will possess the following; Strong computer skills & competency in Microsoft office, strong mechanical aptitude, 2 years of college or equivalent manufacturing experience, excellent safety record & awareness, have the ability to multi-task and be self-directed; works well with minimal supervision. Paper making experience is a definite plus.
These positions will pay a start-up training rate of $18/hr. with a pay-for-skill structure after that. Shifts will involve a 12 hour rotating schedule that will afford 2 weekends off each month including a consecutive seven day off stretch each month. A generous benefits package is also provided.
Also hiring for Maintenance Technicians
YOUR CHALLENGE: - 2 - 6 month intensive classroom & on the job training
- Available to work 12 hour rotating shifts, weekends & holidays
- Working in a hot environment
- Active participation in various company teams
- Ability to learn & master job skills to perform various tasks within the plant
- High performance work organization
- Pay for skills/knowledge acquired
- Thrive in a team-based environment.
- Strong safety orientation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to work shifts, overtime, weekends and cover call-ins.
- Must be a team player
- Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine pneumatic, hydraulic control and mechanical problems.
Electrical & Instrumentation
- A combination of experience in the following areas is desirable: Pump Maintenance, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Pipefitting, Machine shop, Industrial Control Systems, Power Distribution, PLC's/HMI's, Instrumentation, AC/DC drives, DCS (Distributed Control Systems).
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical problems.
IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Three years of applied maintenance experience in paper converting or other process related industry
- Applicable E&I or Mechanical Maintenance Journey Certification
Currently only recruiting for Maintenance Technicians and the application window will close soon so apply online TODAY!
Previously Featured Businesses:
Metaullics Systems, a Division of Pyrotek, Inc.
The Home Depot
Franklin Traffic Service Inc.